Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Quiet Intention

We are all born with what some call "a God shaped hole" inside of us. Yogis know it to be the space occupied by our Inner Teacher. Perhaps this is the home of the Holy Spirit. As a Messianic Jew yoga teach and owner of Quiet a faith based yoga studio in Austin, Texas I believe that across the board people of every faith benefit by taking steps toward internal living. When we live from the center our universe expands into limitless possibility but when we live in the externals ignoring our inner voice our world tends to contract, most often into fear.
 
   My intention for this blog and for my fledgling studio opening this Saturday is first and foremost to grow in faith and hopefully along the path I will find teachers and students often in the same soul I imagine. So, here's the thing. I  have my faith and you have yours and neither of us benefits from proselytizing, evengelizing, or making our own voices ring so loudly we shut down dialogue. All of us benefit from working to see one another beyond the labels to hear one another behind the story. It is my belief that when we bring ourselves to our own internal quiet that we allow others to shine in their truth. I endevor to use my body on the mat, self awarenss in my daily walk, meditation and constant practice to inch towards this goal of unity with my Inner Teacher. Because it is, I believe the voice of our Inner Teacher that sings in unison with God. And what a beautiful song our lives can become as inch by inch day by day we use whatever means necessary to cultivate our quiet. Always persevering never giving up. 

   Quiet is cumulative and today you may be aware of one breath as time stands still. Then tomorrow two breaths anchor you to the here and now. Culitviating quietness is not an easy journey but at times exhilarating, tedious, joyful, fearful, true and alive.Mostly alive and for here and for now that is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment